On resetting the HP printer through disconnecting, it might resolve the “HP Printer validation failed” error. In order to perform this action, unplug the printer from the wall and then the back of the printer while the printer is turned on. Remove all other USB cables from the printer if there are any. Wait for about three or four minutes.
Let’s gather some information for better clarity to assist you correctly:
- If this has happened after a recent power outage or surge?
- If it has occurred after new software or windows update?
- Then we have to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers at the base level by following these step by step instructions:
- In Windows, locate and open Programs and Features. Choose and click on your HP printer.
- Select then Uninstall.
- In Windows, we need to search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the section of Devices and Printers of the window, locate the HP Printer. If you find it in the list, right-click on it to choose “Delete” or “Remove Device.”
- Open the run command by clicking the “Windows Key + R” key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on the Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer Drivers. And if you located it, click on it and click remove, at the bottom of the screen.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select now Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Though as we know that HP printers do every printing-related task smoothly. However, various errors can occur when you set up your HP printers. There can be small issues or errors but mostly you may end up in getting a big issue. Generally, it is seen that the users face HP printer validation failed error when they operate the HP Printers.
This has been one of the errors that have become a critical barrier in operating your HP Printer and as a result of it annoys the users. These errors usually occur when the HP Printer limit itself from receiving the command. We see the carriage isn’t moving easily. Thus, the most important thing to understand is that you can fix this issue by several means and so we are going to learn the basics to eliminate HP printer validation failed error.
What does printer validation fail mean and how does it occur?
Be it an HP Officejet 4650, HP envy 7640, HP envy 5000, HP Officejet 5200, HP Deskjet 2600, HP envy 5055, or any model of HP Wireless Printer that you own. The HP printer validation failed error can occur to any of the devices, in this error the HP printer doesn’t respond to the printing commands.
When you encounter the HP printer error, there can be multiple reasons behind this. In this section, we will get to know two of the major reasons behind the error:
- “Paper Jam”, can be of major concern.
- Unable to move the Printer carriage smoothly, can be another major concern
Also Read: HP Laserjet or HP m1005 Printer price in India
Fix-“HP Eprint printer validation failed”
You can easily resolve the HP printer validation failed error when you see the validation failed message displayed on the screen. For this, you need to uninstall and reinstall the HP Printer driver from the start. To do this, you have to follow the steps directed as below:
Guide to uninstall an HP Printer Driver:
- Go to the “Programs and Features” section.
- After this, choose your HP printer name and click on the “Uninstall” option.
- Followed by this, you have to open the option labeled as “Devices and Printers”.
- Locate the HP printer name and right-click on the file.
- Moreover, you have to click on the “Delete or Remove Device” option.
- Now, press the “Windows” button along with the “R” key on your keyboard.
- You have to write “printui.exe/s” and then click on the “Ok” button.
- Choose the HP Printer driver from the “Drivers” tab and select the “Remove” option followed by a click on the “OK” option.
- If you wish to delete the Printer Server Properties, locate the “All Instances” file and click on the “Apply” button and click on the “OK” option.
Once you have followed up the above instructions to uninstall, you just have to restart your computer.
How to Fix HP Printer Validation Failed Error
The HP Printer Validation Failed error usually arrives with your HP ePrint device when the drivers are not fully updated or are incompatible. Follow the steps and find out the best solution.
Also Read: How to connect HP printer to computer wireless in Windows 10?