There are many users of Mac who are willing to Find Out How to Add a Printer to a Mac? Therefore, for all of them, we have penned the printer troubleshooting steps to add a printer to mac.
If you are using a Mac to accomplish your day-to-day activities, it is necessary that the user should get their printer setup accurately to take advantage of the printer.
Once the printer setup procedure gets complete, then it would become easy for all users to print documents, shipping labels, photos, and other essential pieces of information.
With the advanced features, Apple has made it very easy for all users to add a printer to Mac. Hence, in this article, we are going to provide the proper guidelines for all clients so that they can easily add a printer to mac.
There are different printers with different features and models, and if you are willing to add a printer to the Mac, then it depends on the printer model. It is crucial that the printer should support AirPrint.
Adding a Network Printer on a Mac
The accompanying directions will assist you with adding your UMD organize printer to your Mac. The directions are for Mac OS 10.11. You may see slight varieties on the off chance that you are running an alternate adaptation of OS X.
Find Out How to Add a Printer to a Mac? for understudies hoping to print, it would be ideal if you adhere to the directions for interfacing with the Lab Printing.
1. Discover the name of the printer you’d prefer to include, which ought to be shown on the name fastened to the printer itself. Printers’ names are generally based on where the printer is found, for example, your specialization name or the room number where the printer is, for example, “kplz404-lw” or “cla-hist-duplicate”.
In the event that you can’t discover the name on the printer, take a stab at asking an associate first. In the event that you are as yet uncertain, contact ITSS (x8847) and we will assist you with distinguishing the printer.
2. Snap on the Apple Menu in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and select System Preferences… click on Printers and Scanners.
3. Snap on the + sign (lower left) to include a printer.
4. Snap on IP. In the Address: field, type the complete name of your printer.
5. The “Utilization:” drop-down ought to naturally choose the right drivers for your printer model.
How to check which version of OS X is on your Mac
Before you get the printer connected with the Mac, first of all, check which version of OS X is on your Mac. So, here we have mentioned the printer troubleshooting steps to rectify the version of OS X on your Mac, therefore, scroll down and follow as instructed here below.
- Initially, click on the Apple icon which gets located on the left top of the screen. From there, select the first option, “About this Mac.”
- After this when the About this Mac box pops up, the version is directly under the Mac OS X title.
How to Add a Printer to a Mac?
There are different ways to get the printer connected with your Mac, whether you are trying to do with wirelessly over the Wi-Fi network with AirPrint, or you are using a USB cable, that let your printer gets connected with Mac over a wire.
So, here for all clients, we have mentioned the simple and easy printer troubleshooting steps. Therefore, carefully read the instructions and apply the same as instructed here below.
For expert advice feel free to take printer help from the qualified team of printer service.
- First of all, turn the printer ON which you want to pair with your mac.
- If the printer has a wireless feature and supports the AirPrint, then connect your printer with the Wi-Fi network from the built-in interface in the printer.
- In case, if it is a wired printer then connect the USB cable to the Mac.
- Now, on the Mac, open the System Preferences app, and from there open the Printers & Scanners preferences pane.
- After this, from the Printers & Scanners preferences pane, the client has to click on the + button on the sidebar to add a printer to the Mac.
- Now, a new window will open containing the list of the available printers.
- Check the printer here, whether it is wired or wireless.
- Click on the printer which you wish to add to select it.
- After this, click on the Add button.
- The Mac will now search on the internet for proper driver software and then ask you to install it.
- In some cases, the Mac already has the driver software preloaded into the operating system.
- If anyhow, you get prompted, then follow the on-screen printer troubleshooting steps and complete the installation. Or if any user fails to install or encounters a printer installation error, then to resolve the printer installation error, ask for printer help from the team of printer service.
- After the printer gets added, then the user will be able to see it in the list of the available printers.
If after trying these printer troubleshooting steps, the printer is added to the Mac, then please do share this with your friends who are also trying to Find Out How To Add a Printer To Mac?.
We hope that the instructions mentioned above were helpful for all of you. Thus, if you get stuck anywhere in between then feel free to ask for printer help from the experts of printer service as the professionals are always ready to assist their valuable clients.
- HP Printer Assistant Software Troubleshooting
- How to connect HP printer to computer wireless in Windows 10
- How to Fix HP Printer In Error State Windows 10?
- HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide and how to fix them
- HP Printer Offline Fix Windows 10 [BEST SOLUTIONS]
- How to Fix HP Printer printing blank pages? (Solved)
- HP Laserjet or HP m1005 Printer price in India – Specs & Features